Daulbaugh, Jerry L. MISSING 8/17/1972 TMSA

Share notices and arrangements for shipmates who have passed.
Clyde (Chip) Porter
First Name: Clyde (Chip)
Last Name: Porter, Jr.
Crew?: Blue
Which Years on Board: 1975-78
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: MM2 M-Div

Post by Clyde (Chip) Porter »

I was on the "Growing up Ohio Style" Facebook page and mentioned the Madison cooks in a comment about S.O.S. to which Jan Daulbaugh sent a reply. Our conversation is copied and pasted below:

Jan Daulbaugh Gouch
Clyde W. Porter Jr. My brother, Jerry Daulbaugh, was also on the USS James Madison - I believe in the 70s.

Clyde W. Porter Jr.
Jan Daulbaugh Gouch Gold crew or Blue crew? I was Blue crew Jul. 75 thru Oct. 78.

Jan Daulbaugh Gouch
Clyde W. Porter Jr. I don’t know. He passed away six years ago. Somewhere I have a picture he sent me of this ship. I’ll try to find it soon.

Clyde W. Porter Jr.
Jan Daulbaugh Gouch Sad to hear of his death. My condolences to you & the rest of his family. May I have his name name so that can post it on the Madison website's memorial section?

Jan Daulbaugh Gouch
Clyde W. Porter Jr. Jerry L. Daulbaugh- Thanks for doing that!
Clyde (Chip) Porter
former MM2SS
Blue Crew 75' to 78'
Board Admin
Site Admin

Re: Daulbaugh, Jerry L. MISSING 8/17/1972 TMSA

Post by Board Admin »

Thanks, Chip. One at a time is how we find most of our missing shipmates. Thanks for passing this along.
Jerry Lee Daulbaugh, 62, of Homeland, GA passed away August 12 2014 in Jacksonville, Florida. He was born November 21, 1951 in Wadsworth, Ohio to the late Richard Earl Daulbaugh and Bernice Laura Fritz Daulbaugh. Growing up, he lived in the Ohio Soldiers and Sailors Orphan Home in Xenia, Ohio. He retired from the United States Navy after 20 years of faithful and honorable service.
He is survived by his wife Shirley Daulbaugh; 2-children: Erika Schoenbeck (Mark) & Virginia Woodman (Scott); a brother: Richard Irvin Daulbaugh (Beth); 2-Sisters: Jean Elaine Veneziano (Phil) & Janice K. Gouch (James); 5-Grandchilren: Dustin Lyons, Nicole Raulerson, Garrett Woodman, Jacob Schoenbeck & Allison Schoenbeck; and 8-Great Grandchildren.
The family will receive friends Saturday August 16 at Shepard Funeral Home from 6-8 PM. Memorialization will be by cremation.
Condolences may be expressed by signing the guest registry at www.shepardfh.com. Arrangements are under the direction of Shepard Funeral Home in Folkston, GA.

Services
Visitation
Saturday
August 16, 2014
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Shepard-Roberson Funeral Home
526 Oakwood St
Folkston, GA 31537
https://www.shepardfh.com/obituary/Jerry-Daulbaugh