The Retired Enlisted Association (TREA)

Plans and Discussions
Board Admin
Site Admin

Post by Board Admin »

I have a request that possibly you can help me with; not many veterans are aware of the reunion listings on our web site. I'm sure many of your shipmates have been on other ships and may wonder if those ships have a reunion.

Would It be possible to put a note in your web site or any published newsletters, you may have, telling your shipmates about the web site reunion listings? We need to get the word out to the veteran community.

The Retired Enlisted Association (TREA) is providing the Military Reunion Listings as a FREE service to the veteran community. I search the internet looking for reunions and then send requests for the information to the listed POC. I sent 2,108 reunion organizations e-mails requesting information on their 2006 reunions, and unfortunately 25 % failed to respond. We have 1,398 listings on the calendar year 2006 listing. With the next listing update, we will have over 600 reunion listings for calendar years 2007, 2008, and 2009.

Please take a look at our web site, www.trea.org , scroll down the left side and click on Reunions/Buddies, and this will bring up the reunion page. As reunions are completed, they are transferred to the Completed Listing at the end of the month. There, they will remain as a reference point for someone looking for a unit contact. My intention is that each calendar year reunions will be individually listed.

I appreciate any help you can provide in getting the word out to the Veterans.

John H. Moore, SMSgt, USAF Retired (1961–87)
Reunion Manager (volunteer)
Home: 657 E. Adams Street, Marengo, IA 52301
Home: (319) 741-5734
Cell: (319) 936-2154
E-mail: TREAreunionsite@mac.com
Web: www.trea.org

"FREEDOM ISN'T FREE"
Their website has been added to our links as well.
Last edited by Board Admin on Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RussBrentnell
First Name: Russ
Last Name: Brentnell
Crew?: Combined and Gold
Which Years on Board: 1980-84
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: mm1 (nuke)

Re: The Retired Enlisted Association (TREA)

Post by RussBrentnell »

Board Admin wrote:
I have a request that possibly you can help me with; not many veterans are aware of the reunion listings on our web site. I'm sure many of your shipmates have been on other ships and may wonder if those ships have a reunion.

Would It be possible to put a note in your web site or any published newsletters, you may have, telling your shipmates about the web site reunion listings? We need to get the word out to the veteran community.

The Retired Enlisted Association (TREA) is providing the Military Reunion Listings as a FREE service to the veteran community. I search the internet looking for reunions and then send requests for the information to the listed POC. I sent 2,108 reunion organizations e-mails requesting information on their 2006 reunions, and unfortunately 25 % failed to respond. We have 1,398 listings on the calendar year 2006 listing. With the next listing update, we will have over 600 reunion listings for calendar years 2007, 2008, and 2009.

Please take a look at our web site, www.trea.org, scroll down the left side and click on Reunions/Buddies, and this will bring up the reunion page. As reunions are completed, they are transferred to the Completed Listing at the end of the month. There, they will remain as a reference point for someone looking for a unit contact. My intention is that each calendar year reunions will be individually listed.

I appreciate any help you can provide in getting the word out to the Veterans.

John H. Moore, SMSgt, USAF Retired (1961–87)
Reunion Manager (volunteer)
Home: 657 E. Adams Street, Marengo, IA 52301
Home: (319) 741-5734
Cell: (319) 936-2154
E-mail: TREAreunionsite@mac.com
Web: www.trea.org

"FREEDOM ISN'T FREE"
Their website has been added to our links as well.
2 things:

-I could not get the website link in the text to work, but the link at the end of the text does work. Check it out!

-If no one has any objections, and if it has not been done already, I will email John at trea.org to discuss what is necessary to get us added to the reunion list, link to our website, etc.
Combined in the Yard/Gold crew, 80-84 M-Div

Ship's New Storekeeper 2017-
Keith Holman
Site Admin
First Name: Rufus Keith
Last Name: Holman
Crew?: Combined and Blue
Rate: MM1 M-Div

Post by Keith Holman »

RussBrentnell wrote:

2 things:

-I could not get the website link in the text to work, but the link at the end of the text does work. Check it out!

-If no one has any objections, and if it has not been done already, I will email John at trea.org to discuss what is necessary to get us added to the reunion list, link to our website, etc.
First link fixed. The forum software was trying to include the comma in the link.

Contact with John established already by the Reunion Committee.
Hello Fred,

Thanks for your USS James Madison reunion information, it will be on the next updated Master Reunion Listing I send to the web master on 5 February.
~Keith
Reunion Association President
RussBrentnell
First Name: Russ
Last Name: Brentnell
Crew?: Combined and Gold
Rate: mm1 (nuke)

Post by RussBrentnell »

Keith Holman wrote:First link fixed. The forum software was trying to include the comma in the link.
Thank you.
Keith Holman wrote:Contact with John established already by the Reunion Committee.
Hello Fred,

Thanks for your USS James Madison reunion information, it will be on the next updated Master Reunion Listing I send to the web master on 5 February.
Those Reunion Committee guys are really on the ball.....thanks!
Combined in the Yard/Gold crew, 80-84 M-Div

Ship's New Storekeeper 2017-