First Name: David
Last Name: Robbins
Crew?: Blue
Which Years on Board: 1977-1977
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: Midshipman 1st class

Unique memorabilia available

Post by drobbins »

I was a midshipman who made a patrol the summer of 1977. During the halfway night celebration Kelly Ray played and sang, I have a reel-reel tape of that and some of the other festivities. I have no idea what condition it might be in as I have no equipment to play it. I also have a copy of a hand written notebook of patrol poems... There is no name on it i can find, but it is definitely unique. If someone would like these I would donate them to a Reunion committee or anyone else who might want to make them available for a good purpose.
drobbins
First Name: David
Last Name: Robbins
Crew?: Blue
Which Years on Board: 1977-1977
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: Midshipman 1st class

Re: Unique memorabilia available

Post by drobbins »

I know there was a question here, but when i went to reply there was a problem with the message board and the question got deleted i guess. The answer as best I remember the question is... I do not remember the flooding in the fan room, if that happened on sea trials i would not have been there for it. because of the timing of final exams i had to arrive between sea trials and departing on patrol. The patrol period would have started sometime in late june and finished by the first week in september. that was in the middle of the european air traffic controller strike which made getting home a bit of an adventure since i was already late for the start of classes and couldn't wait for the crew charter flight. I did get a patrol pin for that which raised quite a few questions when reporting for nuclear power school and sub school. but having already qualified as diving officer once made sub school much easier.