First Name: Russ
Last Name: Brentnell
Crew?: Combined and Gold
Which Years on Board: 1980-84
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: mm1 (nuke)

Been gone a while but I'm baaaack......

Post by RussBrentnell »

Been really busy lately. Work is booming, been going 7 days/week. But worse than that:

Got married, bought a house.

That's right boys and girls, a married homeowner. Did the marriage at a magistrate's office at the county jail, and I brought home the ball and chain! Really, it's true- got married at the jail on July 2nd. We closed on the house July 25th and moved in the following weekend. Still have a few boxes to unpack, but basically we're done. So we've been busy with the usual. Thus far: some minor electrical work to consolidate lights on switches, removal of a cosmetic wall, moving tv cables and phones, and the painting has begun. In addition to some yard work of hacking down the overgrown stuff. So far the new has not worn off, but I think it's just because we've been so busy. I've sent Fred and Charline the new address to update the roster, so feel free to send gifts, cash, etc. at your leisure.
Combined in the Yard/Gold crew, 80-84 M-Div

Ship's New Storekeeper 2017-
Keith Holman
Site Admin
First Name: Rufus Keith
Last Name: Holman
Crew?: Combined and Blue
Rate: MM1 M-Div

Post by Keith Holman »

You did WHAT?!
Sorry, we would have gone to the jail to watch but apparently the postman lost our invitation.

Congratulations!

I would make some assumptions but you have been known to have a surprises up your sleeve...so give us details.
~Keith
Reunion Association President
RussBrentnell

Post by RussBrentnell »

Keith Holman wrote:You did WHAT?!
Sorry, we would have gone to the jail to watch but apparently the postman lost our invitation.

Congratulations!

I would make some assumptions but you have been known to have a surprises up your sleeve...so give us details.
roflmao!!! Yes, I got married! And yes it was at the county jail, of which I was NOT a resident at the time. Nor btw was she. The guests present at the dreaded bliss were: her mother, her sister, and a friend of hers; my "side of the family" was represented by 2 coworkers who rode their Harleys from ~30 miles south, where we work. Reception was at the buffet line at the Golden Corral. We got lucky though: it was the time for the change from breakfast to lunch, so we got to chow down on both menus.

Seriously: it was no big deal for us. We've been together for some 17 years. And we're not 20 yrs. old so we didn't need or want the big hoopla. It was quick (read CHEAP) and painless. The house we bought is an older home, well maintained, on the outskirts of Asheboro. It listed as 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1.2 acres, full finished basement, etc., etc. What we've done is make it 2 bedrooms, with her office upstairs, mine downstairs. She has her space and I have mine. As you know, Keith, I tend to be a bit independent and need some space. So does Myra, and it's what we've worked out over the years and it's what works for us.

That's about it. I got your email about coming to Raleigh later this month. Myra is trying to see if she's off or what. I'd love for yall to meet her and see the work-in-progress-new-to-us-home, but I know it's a bit out of the way. If it won't work for you, I'll arrange something at work to take a day off to come over there to see youse guys. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

Told ya I been busy......

So when's the cash showin' up?

gradyh627
First Name: Grady
Last Name: Harrison
Crew?: Blue
Which Years on Board: 1983-87
Rate: DCA

Married ???

Post by gradyh627 »

Congratulations Russ,
belated best wishes, may this bring you all the happiness you deserve,
Grady
RussBrentnell

Post by RussBrentnell »

Thanks Grady! We've been working our butts off making it a home rather than a new house. We've finished the first (of many, I sure!) rennovation, and with the cooler weather coming, I'll be spending more time outside hacking down more trees/bushes. I've been thinking of renting a bobcat, bulldozing it all and starting again......