First Name: Terry
Last Name: Duhn
Crew?: Blue
Which Years on Board: 1970-74
Special Crew?: Neither
Rate: STS2 SS So

On the way to the grocery store

Post by TERRY DUHN »

Wow You won't believe what happened here in the big town of Glenwood, Mn Population of about 2500 people the other morning . I am walking into the grocery store wearing my James Madison 1st reunion 2004 hat. This young man (younger than me)ask if I was on the Madison and I replied yes from 1970 -73 . He went on to say he also was on the Madison decomissioning crew and made 3 patrols prior to decom and of course he was on the blue crew so I told him I wouldn't hold that against him.
I know this young man s father and they both go to the same church as we do. Just goes to show you never know who you will run into. His name is Ray Gylsen he was a missile tech. All for now.
Terry Duhn-Dingus
STS2SS
1970-1974 Gold Crew
Glenwood,Mn
Keith Holman
Site Admin
First Name: Rufus Keith
Last Name: Holman
Crew?: Combined and Blue
Which Years on Board: 1980-84
Rate: MM1 M-Div

Post by Keith Holman »

They're out there.
Last night, we were in Washington DC -- a tad larger than Glenwood but highly unlikely to bump into anyone particular -- and ran into a former officer from the 627, John Messerschmidt. We were on board about 10 years after you but he was one of those listed as not found in the contacts listings. Must be that the moon is aligned right for running into Madison sailors this week. :D
~Keith
Reunion Association President
dboutell
First Name: Daniel M (Dan)
Last Name: Boutell
Crew?: Blue
Which Years on Board: 1965-68
Rate: EM2 (SS)

Post by dboutell »

Yes they are. A month or two ago, I was talking to a customer about my military experience while I was making change and mentioned the Madison. Another customer was waiting and heard the conversation. He too, was on the Madison when it was out Holy Loch.

We are in West Michigan. Newaygo County has a population of about 48,000.