- USS James Madison SSBN 627 Reunion being planned for Monday, March 20th through Thursday, March 23, 2023.
- On the Gulf of Mexico - Clarion Pointe Galveston 2300 Seawall Blvd - Galveston Island TX
- Our reunion room rate is $105 per night during the main event days. Other James Madison Rates; Sunday through Thursday is $105 per night, Friday’s rate $217.35 Saturday $274.85. Reservations must be made by Feb. 6, 2023.
Please use https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/KJ36Q6 if you plan to book for the event days of March 20th – 23rd and scroll down to select your room option.
If you will be enjoying Galveston for additional days, we ask that you to call the Hotel directly and ask for Brooke, (Mon-Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm Central time) She will book your dates manually. She can be reached at her cell - 409-795-4774. You can leave a voicemail, just mention that you are with the USS James Madison group and she will call you back. Escalations for any issues for the event can be directed to your private Concierge and shipmate – David Morton - 262-349-0116 or Dmorto3@gmail.com
Room rates cannot be guaranteed for rooms after February 6, 2023.
- Registration $40 per Madison sailor.
- Banquet Thursday night $40 per person.
- Galveston Limosine is one of many companies in Galveston that provides affordable one-way or round-trip shuttle service between Houston and Galveston Island.
Round-trip from Hobby: $50 if booked online.
Round-trip from Bush: $60 if booked online.
Also note Senior and Military discounts. Phone number: 409-762-4397. Email: email@example.com
- Springtime in Galveston is typically around 70 degrees. We are working with local attractions to get better rates and reserved availabilities. More info provided in newsletter and online.
- Monday- registration/check in- hospitality room will have pizza, sub sandwiches or similar.
- Tuesday Visit to Moody Gardens Rainforest and Aquarium. Group rate is $50 per person for the Rainforest, Buffet Lunch and Aquarium. Please indicate and pay with reunion registration. 10:30 Rainforest, 11:30 Buffet followed by Aquarium.
- Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday Duck boat tours. Unstructured day. Galveston offers many options for entertainment. You can schedule your own day with a smaller group of shipmates to meet your own interests. Visit the Pleasure Pier, a Tall Ship, the Oil Rig Display, a Railroad Museum, Moody Pyramids. Rent a Model T-styled Golf cart for up to 8 or pedal bikes. (Duckboat tours are $30 per person)
- UPDATE: No bus. Instead, we will carpool there and back,. If you do not have a car with you, speak up and find a buddy.Thursday 1030 departure Seawolf Park. 11:00 Tolling of the Boats Memorial Service
Bus back to the hotel around noon. (Bus with handicap access provided as a gift by plank owner H.L. CARES, MD)
Lunch on your own.
2:00 pm - Business meeting/election in hospitality room
After meeting/election, Clear hospitality room for banquet setup
1700 Banquet room
1715 Opening remarks and guest speaker
1800 Dinner is served
cash bar before banquet
- Please help us plan by letting us know number planned to attend ASAP via email at Reunion2023@ssbn627.com Helpful to let us know whether you’ll have your own car with you.
David Morton, Organizer and Keith Holman, Association President
Just some of the entertaining ways to pass the time in Galveston.
- Moody Gardens https://www.moodygardens.com/
- Moody Gardens Aquarium https://www.moodygardens.com/attraction ... m_pyramid/
- Downtown Strand http://www.downtowngalveston.org/tourism.html
- Railroad Museum https://galvestonrrmuseum.org/
- Oil Rig https://www.oceanstaroec.com/museum/
- Galveston Duck Rides http://www.galvestonducktours.com/
- Seawolf Park https://galvestonnavalmuseum.com/seawolf-park
- Pleasure Pier https://www.pleasurepier.com/
- Galveston Trolley https://www.visitgalveston.com/director ... n-trolley/
- Paddlewheel boat on the bayou https://www.galveston.com/whattodo/tour ... ddlewheel/
- Galveston Tourism https://www.galveston.com/
- Model T Golf Cart Rentals for Touring https://www.carriagehausrentals.com/
- 1877 Tall Ship ELISSA https://www.galvestonhistory.org/sites ... hhotel.com/